POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : renaming POV-Ray :-) : renaming POV-Ray :-) Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  renaming POV-Ray :-)
From: Mr
Date: 26 Mar 2010 13:00:01
Message: <web.4bace7636188c27867d76f690@news.povray.org>
Now, as the title already suggests and the newsgroup in which it stands. This is
not a topic to be taken too seriously so don't kill me please for noticing what
probably other people before me already told a thousand times... Here it is:
I'm French. Well that's not actually all of it :-)!
In French, POV-Ray as a name sounds... how could I call it... really, really
cheap! it's actually pretty close to if it was called "POO-Ray" for english
speakers.
I don't judge a book by its cover, nor in this case by its title. But this will
drive away so many people to whom I have talked about this software.

What do guys answer to that? would actually anybody else feel that it would'nt
suffer from changing name? I certainly will not be so bold as to suggest
anything else, this has probably already been done and by users more intimate
with the program. I just had to make sure you were aware of the smiles we french
povray users have to suffer when we mention it. :)